Much will be written and discussed today on a court hearing going on in Pennsylvania. A suit brought by 11 parents in the Dover Area school district is seeking to prevent the teaching of Intelligent Design theory in the classroom. The policy adopted by the school board ask teachers to say that Darwin's theory is well... a theory and not proven.
Intelligent design is just another theory, an unproven one. From the cursory review I have engaged it seems to me as a "new and improved" book of genesis. I don't have a beef w/ genesis nor w/ Darwin. I do have a beef with the constant chipping away at the separation of church and state. We forget that plight of those who came before us persecuted in their lands for their religious believes, who went on the build the foundation of this great nation.
argh!!
al
No comments:
Post a Comment